Tax Return Preparation (Federal and all states):
- Small Business (Self-Employed)
- Fiduciary (Estates, Trusts, Guardianships)
- Non-Profit Entities
Representation on all tax matters (even if we didn’t prepare the return or have knowledge of the matter at issue):
- IRS (all levels, with or without your presence)
- State taxing authorities
Proactive Tax Planning and Counseling
- Sale of assets
- Life Changes (marriage, children, sickness, divorce, inheritance, career change)
- Starting or buying, and selling a business
- Buying or selling a residential or rental
- Royalty and residuals income
- Income/deduction spikes
Home and Small Business Consulting and Desktop Application Development
- A background as an IT Professional allows us to offer this service as a convenience after the Individual Income Tax Season.
Areas of Specialization and Extensive in-depth Experience
- Performing artist’s tax returns (with all the allowable deductible expenses)
- Complex multi-faceted returns
- Deductible business use of a residence (office, studio, practice room, etc.)
- Multiple-state returns (we do all state and local income tax returns)
- Reduction in debt income from foreclosure or short sale
- Unfiled prior year return(s)
- Rental property, vacation home income and expenses
- Tax Return Preparation
Fees for tax return preparation are based on the complexity of the return. The term “return” in this context means a current year individual federal income tax return and one corresponding state return. The minimum fee for preparation of a return is $250. The fee increases based on the level of complexity of the return. The fee includes up to two hours of time expended in preparation of responses to IRS or state correspondence related to that specific return.
For new clients, upon request, I will be happy to provide an estimated total charge based on a review of your prior year’s return and your current year’s source documents, at no obligation to you. If you choose not to proceed, I’ll simply return your documents. During the review, it’s not uncommon to find errors or overlooked opportunities that could have lessened your tax liabilities. Some of those tax dollars may be retrievable by filing a claim or amendment that we can prepare for you. If you engage our services for the current year, there will be no additional charges for the amendment or claim.
If we’ve prepared the return, preparation of responses to letter correspondence or letter audits in excess of two hours is charged at the rate of $100 per hour, accrued in half-hour increments.
If we didn’t prepare the return, preparation of responses to letter correspondence or letter audits is charged at the rate of $150 per hour with a minimum of two hours; and charges for the time in excess of two hours accrued in half-hour increments
Representation and appearance for office or field audits: $200 per hour plus expenses with a minimum of two hours, with charges in excess of the minimum accrued in half-hour increments.
All other forms of representation, including but not limited to appeals and offers-in-compromise: $250 per hour plus expenses with a minimum of two hours, with charges in excess of the minimum accrued in half-hour increments.
- Proactive Tax Planning and Counseling; IT Consulting
Existing Clients – No charge for up to one hour per year, negotiable thereafter.
New Clients – No charge for the first fifteen minute call, negotiable thereafter.
IT Consulting – Negotiable
SECURITY AND SAFETY OF YOUR DATA